The New Eagle part naming scheme is broken into the following:
- type of control module
- type of microprocessor
- number of pins
- model year & variant
- mounting feet option
- ECM – The model in the above example is an ECM (Engine Control Module) as opposed to a GCM (General Control Module), HCM (Hydraulic Control Module), etc.
- 0565 – The above module has a MPC565 Microprocessor.
- 128 – The example module has 128 pins.
- 0701 – In the above example, the control model has a model year of 2007 and is the first variant.
- C – Controllers may be Calibratable (‘C’), Flash (‘F’), or both (no label). The above example is calibratable.
- M – ‘M’ means mounting feet are included, as the above example indicates. If the part number does not end in a ‘M’, the module will not come with feet.